About Linda J. Hawkins
Linda is the CEO and Founder of Savvy Health Coaching, LLC. A speaker, Author and Lifestyle and Weight Management Specialist. As an author she wrote the,Yes Real Women book series.”Yes, Real Women Do Sweat: Straight Talk About Menopause”, an ebook “Yes, Real Women Have Hot Flashes” , “Yes, Real Women Lose Weight: Drop Pounds Forever with the B.A.S.I.C.S.” and “Yes, Real Women Have Killer Abs: 50 Floorless Exercises.” And three years 2017 received the Dayton Book Expo Nonfiction BestSeller award for 2 books in the Yes, Real Women Book series and 2017 “The Wait of Success: How to become an overnight Success in 7300 Days”.
Her focus is on women over 40 who is struggling to lose weight that gained as a result of stress, hormone imbalance or improper food intake. Over 12 years ago, she became a Lifestyle and Weight Management Specialist, through NESTA, and she immediately began her career coaching, speaking and training clients and organizations on how to live a healthy lifestyle. Also in 2016 she completed the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction training. Savvy Health Coaching has served hundreds of clients through group coaching and has helped numerous clients lose weight by using the one-on-one Savvy Health Weight Loss coaching model.
She is a native of Kalamazoo, Michigan. She obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Family Life Specialist from Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, Michigan and later a Master Degree (MS) in Guidance and Counseling, Mental Health Concentration from Wright State University, Dayton, Ohio.
She is currently teaching in the Department of Life and Health Sciences in Adjunct Faculty capacity at a local Community College. She provided academic counseling for over 18 years and she has received online certification to teach Healthcare delivery courses, Dayton, Ohio.
Sample of speaking and training engagements:
- Middletown-Families First/Infant Mortality
- 2017 Savvy Health Weight Transformation group and Bootcamp
- Yes Real Women Annual conferences I-IV
- 2017 Ladies Night Out-Dine,Drink,Dance to a Healthy Heart
- Mahogany Child’s Healthy Families workshop series
- Taking off pounds sensibly Organization-(TOPS)
- Mt. Enon ‘s Women’s Conference
- Agape for Youth Inc.
- Montgomery County Foster Parent Organization
- Vic Cassano Medical Center
- Sinclair Community College
- Dayton Metro Library speaking tour 2015-2017
AUTHOR of the following books:
- Yes, Real Women Do Sweat: Straight Talk About Menopause
- Yes, Real Women Have Hot Flashes:10 “Hot” solutions to cool down naturally
- Yes, Real Women Lose Weight: Drop Pounds Forever with the B.A.S.I.C.S.
- Yes, Real Women Have Killer Abs: 50 Floorless Exercises
- The Wait of Success
- Southern Christian Leadership Conference – Community Service Award – 2014
- Eta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. – Heart of Gold Award- 2016
- Dayton Book Expo-Best Seller Award in Non-fiction category 2012, 2014 & 2017
- Best Seller of Non-fiction Author-Dayton Book Expo in 2012, 2014 & 2017
- Platinum Author with Ezine articles. Penned several women & family health and wellness articles.
- Savvy Sister Circle support group
- Dayton Toastmasters (DUC)
- National Speakers Association – Ohio –
Creator and founder of the Yes, Real Women annual conference:
An annual conference designed to educate and empower women as they embark on or go through the menopausal journey. A variety of topics are presented by outstanding, knowledgeable professionals who also have a desire of reaching and teaching as many women as possible. Furthermore, it serves as an arena for women to openly address feelings, frustrations, remedies and more in an accepting environment. My goal’s not only to create a healthier and more informed generation but to help women to have a better quality of life.
Developed Savvy Sister Circle support group
2017 Created Ladies Night Out/Dine-Drink-Dance to a Healthy Heart Event
Sign up below for the Free Newsletter from Linda J Hawkins!