About Linda J. Hawkins
Linda is the CEO and Founder of Savvy Health Coaching, LLC. She is a native of Kalamazoo, Michigan. She obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Family Life Specialist from Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, Michigan and later a Master Degree (MS) in Guidance and Counseling, Mental Health Concentration from Wright State University, Dayton, Ohio.
She is currently teaching in the Department of Life and Health Sciences in Adjunct Faculty capacity at a local Community College. She provided academic counseling for over 18 years and she has received online certification to teach Healthcare delivery courses, Dayton, Ohio.
Her focus is on women over 40 who is struggling to lose weight that gained as a result of stress, hormone imbalance or improper food intake. Over 12 years ago, she became a Lifestyle and Weight Management Specialist, through NESTA, and she immediately began her career coaching, speaking and training clients and organizations on how to live a healthy lifestyle. Also in 2016 she completed the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction training. Savvy Health Coaching has served hundreds of clients through group coaching and has helped numerous clients lose weight by using the one-on-one Savvy Health Weight Loss coaching model.
As an author she wrote the,Yes Real Women book series.”Yes, Real Women Do Sweat: Straight Talk About Menopause”, an ebook “Yes, Real Women Have Hot Flashes” , “Yes, Real Women Lose Weight: Drop Pounds Forever with the B.A.S.I.C.S.” and “Yes, Real Women Have Killer Abs: 50 Floorless Exercises.”
Sample of speaking and training engagements:
- Miami Valley Hospital
- Savvy Health Weight loss club
- Yes Real Women Annual conference I-IV
- Mahogany Child’s Breast Cancer support group
- Women to Women Gathering Topic
- Taking off pounds sensibly Organization-(TOPS)
- Mt. Enon ‘s Women’s Conference
- Agape for Youth Inc.
- Montgomery County Foster Parent Organization
- Vic Cassano Medical Center
- Sinclair Community College
- Dayton Metro Library speaking tour
AUTHOR of the following books:
- Yes, Real Women Do Sweat: Straight Talk About Menopause
- Yes, Real Women Have Hot Flashes:10 “Hot” solutions to cool down naturally
- Yes, Real Women Lose Weight: Drop Pounds Forever with the B.A.S.I.C.S.
- Yes, Real Women Have Killer Abs: 50 Floorless Exercises
- Southern Christian Leadership Conference – Community Service Award – 2014
- Eta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. – Heart of Gold Award- 2016
- Best Seller of Non-fiction Author-Dayton Book Expo in 2012
- Platinum Author with Ezine articles. Penned several women & family health and wellness articles.
- Savvy Sister Circle
- Dayton Book Lovers Network (Founding Member) – Present
- National Speakers Association – Ohio – Present
Creator and founder of the Yes, Real Women annual conference:
An annual conference designed to educate and empower women as they embark on or go through the menopausal journey. A variety of topics are presented by outstanding, knowledgeable professionals who also have a desire of reaching and teaching as many women as possible. Furthermore, it serves as an arena for women to openly address feelings, frustrations, remedies and more in an accepting environment. My goal’s not only to create a healthier and more informed generation but to help women to have a better quality of life.
Sign up below for the Free Newsletter from Linda J Hawkins!